Preparing to start your journey in the realm of traveling and tourism of IRCTC agency, where you can contribute your skills and knowledge to facilitate a seamless travel experience for countless individuals. Discover the eligibility requirements to qualify for this position, gain insights into the hassle-free registration process, and delve into the multifaceted responsibilities entrusted to IRCTC agents.
Are you interested in pursuing a fulfilling career as an agent for IRCTC? Look no further! This detailed guide explores the intricacies of how to become an IRCTC agent, including the essential requirements and simplified registration process, to the responsibilities and attractive benefits that come with this esteemed position.
Requirements to Apply for an IRCTC Agent
The eligibility criteria and requirements for an IRCTC Agent PSP/RSP are as follows:
- Registration: The agent must register as a Retail Service Provider (RSP) with IRCTC.
- E-Ticket Booking: RSPs are allowed to book reserved rail e-tickets only, excluding RTSA agents authorized by Railways.
- Aadhar No. Verification: Mandatory verification of Aadhar number is required at the time of RSP registration.
- PAN No. Requirement: PAN number is also mandatory for the registration of an RSP.
- Commercial License: The agent must obtain a commercial license that allows them to book unlimited railway reservation E-tickets.
- Prevention of ID Sharing: It is essential to prevent the sharing of IDs by Principal Service Providers (PSPs) and RSPs.
- Compliance: Existing and new PSPs/RSPs must provide verified details like address, PAN No., and ID proof within the stipulated time.
Note: The provided information is based on the context, but it is recommended to refer to IRCTC’s official agent portal or contact IRCTC directly for the recent up-to-date eligibility criteria.
Process of Registration
The process of becoming an authorized IRCTC agent involves steps that can be conveniently completed online. Here’s a summary of the registration process;
- Fill out the Registration Form: Visit the IRCTC website and provide all the necessary information in their agent registration form.
- Documents Upload: After completing the registration form, submit all the necessary documents as mentioned by the IRCTC Agent portal.
- Pay the Registration Charges: After submitting your registration form, you will be required to make the payment. There is an enrollment fee of ₹6999 for the first year, and after the first year, there is an annual subscription fee of ₹2999 + GST.
- Verification Process: The information and documents provided by you will be thoroughly reviewed and verified by railway officials.
Once your registration is approved, you will gain authorization as an IRCTC agent. This enables you to establish your travel agency, earn commissions on bookings, and build your business. The commission ranges from Rs 20 to 40 per PNR (non-ac) and pg (ac class) charges, and they may receive an additional 1% commission.
Responsibilities of an IRCTC Agent
Responsibilities of an IRCTC agent (PSP/RSP);
- An IRCTC agent (PSP/RSP) is responsible for assisting customers with booking their tickets.
- They must ensure that all the necessary details, such as passenger information and travel dates, are entered correctly during the booking process.
- Agents should also inform customers about any rules and regulations as well as the terms and conditions associated with their bookings.
- Agents should help customers in canceling their tickets whenever required.
- They should be familiar with the cancellation policies and procedures set by IRCTC. Make sure that customers understand how the refund process works.
Handling Refunds and TDRs:
- If a customer needs a refund for a canceled ticket or faces any issues during their journey, the agent should guide them on how to file a TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt). Explain the refund process.
- Agents should be aware of the requirements for filing TDRs and refunds, ensuring that all necessary information and documents are filled out accurately before submission.
Providing Customer Support:
- Agents should promptly address any customer queries or concerns regarding their bookings, cancellations, or refunds in a manner.
- They should have knowledge of IRCTC’s policies and guidelines to provide information to customers accurately.
Adhering to regulations:
- Agents are required to follow the rules and guidelines established by IRCTC for booking, cancellation, and refund procedures.
- It is important for them to stay informed about any modifications or updates in these rules to guarantee compliance and deliver customer service.
Benefits for IRCTC Agent
Being a registered agent with IRCTC comes with benefits for PSP/RSP agents. To begin with, you have the privilege of booking a number of flights, buses, travel packages, and hotels through IRCTC. This allows you to cater to a range of travel requirements for your customers. Moreover, being an agent registered with IRCTC ensures that tickets are procured exclusively from IRCTC-approved booking agencies, minimizing the chances of cancellations. These benefits make becoming an IRCTC registered agent a valuable opportunity for those in the travel industry.
To become an IRCTC agent, you can go through a registration procedure. Start by visiting the IRCTC website and filling out the Agent New Registration form. Once completed, it will provide you with the login information (agent dongle). The registration process is user-friendly. Allows agents to issue authorized tickets without any concerns about cancellations. As an agent, you have the opportunity to earn a commission of ₹20 or ₹40 per ticket booked, with the potential to make up to ₹80,000 per month. SiOnline is a service provider for people and agencies interested to become an IRCTC agent. You can get in touch with them for more information.